File for Free with MyFreeTaxes.com
Easy. Free. Tax Help You Can Trust. Brought to you by United Way.
Nearly 70% of U.S. tax filers qualify to use MyFreeTaxes. Available in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, MyFreeTaxes is easy, safe – and free.
Here’s how to file for free:
1. Online at MyFreeTaxes.com, powered by H&R Block®®, if your household income was $64,000 or less in 2016.
2. In-person with an IRS-certified volunteer income tax preparer if your household income was $54,000 or less in 2016.
Questions? Call the free helpline at 1-855-My-Tx-Help (1-855-698-9435).
WHAT YOU NEED
- Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for each family member and working adult.
- 1095-A if you received a tax credit from the healthcare.gov marketplace.
- Childcare provider name, address and tax ID, if applicable.
- Bank routing and account numbers for checking or savings account (if you qualify for refund via secure direct deposit).
- Last year’s tax return, if you have it.
- A valid email address.
- W-2s, 1099s, 1098s and other forms.
Click HERE to access the Tax Preparation Checklist
Use this list to help you get organized to file your taxes — either online or in person. Note: If you’re getting free help filing your taxes in person (at a VITA site, for example), bring photo identification and a Social Security card for each adult in your household.
Visit MyFreeTaxes.com and file your taxes for free today!