United Way of the Cape Fear Area (UWCFA) hosts a virtual, live-streamed event, Hope is Not Quarantined to celebrate the 2020 campaign season.
Wilmington, NC: United Way of the Cape Fear Area invites its neighbors and families to virtually join a celebration kick-off event to launch the 2020 campaign season!
Tommy Taylor, CEO of United Way of the Cape Fear Area, will lead the celebration and welcome our community. Panelists for the Hope are Not Quarantined celebration event include:
- Dr. Chris Prentice – United Way of the Cape Fear Area Board Chair and Associate Professor at UNC Wilmington
- Lisa Leath – President of Leath HR Group and UWCFA Campaign Cabinet Member
- Amy Feath – Executive Director of Carousel Center (Agency Partner of UWCFA)
- Carol Caldwell – Former Executive Director for Columbus County DREAMS Center, Retired
- Frankie Roberts –Executive Director of LINC, Inc.(Agency Partner of UWCFA
In addition to the panelists of this event, Mike Ashcraft, Pastor for Port City Community Church, will serve as the honored guest speaker. The mediator for Hope is Not Quarantined will be Ruth R. Smith, President of RR Smith Strategic Solutions. Andrea Troccia, Market Development Manager at Corning Credit Union, will speak on What Supporting United Way means across our greater Cape Fear region. 2020 United Way of the Cape Fear Area’s Campaign Chair, Jay Wileman, CEO and President of GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy, will conclude the event by sharing a special announcement.
The virtual event will be streamed on United Way of the Cape Fear Area’s webpage (www.uwcfa.org), as well as on Facebook on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 10:00 AM.
United Way of the Cape Fear Area fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in the greater Cape Fear region. Though things may seem tough, UWCFA is encouraging the community to build tomorrow on hope. Hope is Not Quarantined, and to Live United is to keep the Cape Fear spirit thriving, through all walks of life.
United Way of the Cape Fear Area is Here for Cape Fear.